No positions available at this time.
Customer Service / Internal Sales
Reports To: Vice President of Finance and Operations
The Customer Service/Internal Sales department allows the company to achieve its mission: Helping our customers Thrive by providing Exceptional products with Superior Customer Service. They receive (by telephone, fax or email) requests for quotes, orders, and lead times from customers; makes quotes on standard items and relays pertinent order information to customers; and coordinates purchase orders with customers.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Customer Service
- Receives telephone requests for price quotes, purchase orders and adjustments directly from the customer and manufacturers.
- Achieves and maintains rapport with customers, factories and works to give them superior service.
- Maintains solid customer relationships by handling their questions and concerns with speed and professionalism. Responds promptly to all customer inquiries.
- Continuously evaluates and identifies opportunities to drive process improvements that positively impact the customer’s experience.
- Performs data entry and uses software programs (Autoquotes, Salesforce, etc.).
- Maintain work areas in a clean and organized manner.
- Process orders/acknowledgments from the customers and follows up on tracking after shipments.
- Welcome customers and visitors in a friendly, welcoming, and professional demeanor.
- Internal Sales
- Quickly address customer needs and apply the best product that leads to an effective solution.
- Accurately generate quotes considering customers discount programs and enter data in salesforce.
- Work with all personnel and outside sales to satisfy clients and achieve company goals.
- Arrive to work and meetings on time and prepared.
- Identify areas of improvement in the company and assist in creating and implementing solutions.
- Locate and track requested items in order to meet customer’s delivery requirements.
- Communicate and problem solve with manufacturers, customers and co-workers.
- Process free sample orders, and with approval, charged samples.
Skills and Qualifications
- Possess a high school diploma or equivalent, plus two years of customer serviceexperience
- Demonstrate a pleasant, patient and friendly attitude
- Able to communicate clearly, both written and in speech
- Demonstrate passion for excellence with respect to treating and caring for others
- Self-motivated, solution-oriented and have excellent follow through
- Capable of handling difficult situations
- Strong typing skills (45 wpm)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft, Word, Excel
- Experience in Salesforce and Autoquotes is preferred
- Able to multi-task